Anna A. Proskurina, Institute for Research on Social Phenomena
Proskurina, Anna A. “How soviet aircraft designers changed theory of knowledge.” Social Phenomena. 2017 1(7), pp. 6-20 (in Russian).
The paper addresses the possibility of direct cooperation of people in creative thinking by applying theory of action to studying the subject of collective cognition and the mechanisms of its activity. In this framework the paper analyses influential theories of action and then uses interviews with and the memories of Soviet aircraft designers and their colleagues to study the collective cognitive activity mechanisms. The paper explains the nature of goal setting in collective action, the role and forms of subjectivity of participants of collective activity, mechanisms of transition from the individual to the common in collective activity, the essential conditions of collective cognition and the essential aspects of its coordination.
Keywords: collective action theories, activity, action, collective, common, collective activity, collective cognitive activity, goal setting, cognition, subject.
- Bibler, Vladimir S. “Tvorcheskoe myshlenie kak predmet logiki.” [ “Creative Thinkning as the subject of Logics.”] In Mikulinskiy S. R. and M. G. Yaroshevskiy, eds. Nauchnoe tvorchestvo. Moscow: Nauka, 1969. 167-220. (In Russian).
- Glazman Mikhail S. “Nauchnoe tvorchestvo kak dialog.” In Mikulinskiy S. R. and M. G. Yaroshevskiy, eds. Nauchnoe tvorchestvo. Moscow: Nauka, 1969. 221-233. (In Russian).
- Marx, Karl. Das Kapital. (Russ. ed.: Marx, Karl “Kapital.” In Marx, Karl, and Friedrich Engels. Sobranie sochineniy. Vol. 23. Moscow: Progress, 1984).
- Nechaev, Aleksey V. “Wishes and Expectations: a Social Philosophic View.” Social Phenomena. 1(3) (2015): 10-22. (in Russian).
- — “About Activity – Indeed.” Social Phenomena. 2(5) (2016):5-22. (in Russian).
- — “The Phantom of Foolishness or A. S. Griboyedov as a Mirror of New Reality.” Social Phenomena. 3(6) (2016):32-50.
- Hardin, Garrett. “The Tragedy of the Commons.” Science. 162.3859 (1968): 1243–48.
- Olson, Mancur. The Logic of Collective Action: Public Goods and the Theory of Groups. 21. printing, Harvard Univ. Press, 2003.
- Ostrom, Elinor. Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action. Cambridge University Press, 1990.
- Wilson, David Sloan, John J. Timmel, and Ralph R. Miller. “Cognitive cooperation.” Human Nature 15.3 (2004): 225-250.