Alla A. Gudzovskaya, Institute for Research on Social Phenomena
Anastasiia M. Manukhina, Center of Social Services of the City of Samara
Anna A. Proskurina, Institute for Research on Social Phenomena
Gudzovskaya, A. A., Manukhina A. M., Proskurina A. A. (2017). School bulling as a reflection of group subject development. Social Phenomena. 2017 1(7), pp. 41-49.
The article examines the directions of group subject development along the lines of awareness and the acceptance of subjective positions. Five levels of group subject development are described. School bullying is viewed as a result of deficient development of subject positions in a group. The empirical study demonstrates the risk of bullying in every class in modern Russian schools. However different classes of the same student ages and in the same school may differ in the risk levels of bullying. Considering bullying in terms of group subject development makes it possible to plan effective preventive work at school, as well as to transform the already existing bullying practice into constructive relations.
Keywords: group subject, bullying, school, victim, we-group, subject-subject positions of interaction.Открыть на весь экран
- Belitskaya, Gelena E. “O roli sub”ektnosti v formirovanii sotsial’no-politicheskikh orientatsiy.”[“On the role of subjectivity in the formation of socio-political orientations.”] Psychological Journal 15.4 (1994): 56-62. (in Russian).
- Gudzovskaya, Alla A. The Psychology of social maturity. Samara, 2014. (in Russian).
- Berdyshev, Il’ya S., and Marina G. Nechaeva. Mediko-psikhologicheskie posledstviya zhestokogo obrashcheniya v detskoy srede. Voprosy diagnostiki i profilaktiki. Prakticheskoe posobie. [Medical-psychological consequences of ill-treatment in children’s environment. Diagnostic and prevention issues. Practical manual.] St. Petersburg, 2005. (in Russian).
- Bochaver, Aleksandra A., eds . “Oprosnik riska bullinga (ORB).” [“Bullying risk questionnaire (BRQ).”] Voprosy Psychologii 5 (2015): 146-157. (in Russian).
- Bochaver, Aleksandra Alekseevna, and Kirill Daniilovich Khlomov. “Bulling kak ob”ekt issledovaniy i kul’turnyy fenomen.”[“Bulling as an object of research and a cultural phenomenon”] Psychology. Journal of the Higher School of Economics 10.3 (2013). (in Russian).
- Gaydar, Karina Marlenovna. “Gruppovoy sub”ekt v zerkale sotsial’noy pertseptsii.” [“A group subject in the mirror of social perception.”] Ivzestia of the Volgograd State PedagogicalUniversity 48.4 (2010): 108-111. (in Russian).
- Glazman, Ol’ga L’vovna. ” Psychological features of participants of bullying.” IZVESTIA: Herzen University Journal of Humanities and Sciences 105 (2009): 159-165. (in Russian).
- Enikolopov, S.N. “Actual problems of the study of aggressive behavior.” Applied legal psychology 2 (2010): 37-47. (in Russian).
- Ermolova, Tat’yana Viktorovna, and Natal’ya Vasil’evna Savitskaya. “Bulling as a group phenomenon: results of “bulling” studies in Finland and Scandinavian countries over the past 20 years (1994-2014).” Journal of Modern Foreign Psychology 4.1 (2015): 65-90. (in Russian).
- Kon, Igor’ Semenovich. “Chto takoe bulling i kak s nim borot’sya.” [“What is bullying and how to deal with it.”] Sem’ya i shkola [Family and School] 11 (2006): 15-18. (in Russian).
- Kutyavina, Elena Evgen’evna, and Aleksandr Vasil’evich Kuramshev. “Violence in schools from the point of view of teachers.” Vestnik of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod. Series: Social Sciences 4 (2013): 45-50. (in Russian).
- Mal’tseva, Ol’ga Anatol’evna. “Profilaktika zhestokosti i agressivnosti v podrostkovoy srede i sposoby ee preodoleniya.” [“Prevention of cruelty and aggression in the teen environment and ways to overcome it.”] Tyumen State University Herald. Humanities Research. Humanitates 7 (2009): 51-54. (in Russian).
- Brushlinsky, Andrew Vladimirovich.”O kriteriyakh sub”ekta.” [“About the subject’s criteria.”] In Psikhologiya individual’nogo i gruppovogo sub”ekta. [Psychology of individual and group subjects], 2002. 9-33. (in Russian).
- Sobkin, Vladimir Samuilovich, and O. S. Markina. “Vliyanie opyta perezhivaniya «shkol’noy travli» na ponimanie podrostkami fil’ma «Chuchelo».” [“The influence of school bulling experience on adolescents’ understanding of the movie ‘Scarecrow’.”] Vestnik prakticheskoy psikhologii obrazovaniya 1 (2009): 48-57. (in Russian).
- Chernyshev, Aleksey Sergeevich, and Tat’yana I. Sur’yaninova. “Genezis gruppovogo sub”ekta deyatel’nosti.” [“Genesis of the group subject of activity.”] Psychological Journal 11.2 (1990): 7-15. (in Russian).
- Stekeler-Weithofer, Pirmin “The logic of “Us” in psychology and the social sciences. Forms and representations of joint action and practice.” Epistemology & Philosophy of Science 9.3 (2006): 15-32. (in Russian).
- Williams, Michael. “Undercover Teams: Redefining reputations and transforming bullying relationships in the school community.” Explorations: An E-Journal of Narrative Practice 1 (2010): 4-13.
- UNICEF. 08. Jan. 2016) < https://www. unicef. org. uk/Documents/Publications/Unicef_ ChildreninDanger _ViolencereportW. Pdf >
- Alsaker, Françoise, and Christof Nägele. “Bullying in kindergarten and prevention.” In: Pepler, Debra; Craig, Wendy (eds.) Understanding and Addressing Bullying. An International Perspective 1 (2008): 230-252.
- Olweus, Dan. “Bullying at school.” In Aggressive behavior: Current perspectives. Springer US, 1994. 97-130.
- Salmivalli, Christina. “Bullying and the peer group: A review.” Aggression and violent behavior 15.2 (2010): 112-120.