Alla A. Gudzovskaya, Institute for Research on Social Phenomena
Gudzovskaya, A. A. (2017). Joint activity as a condition of social giftedness development in young schoolchildren. Social Phenomena. 2017 1(7), pp. 59-69.
The article discusses the conditions of social giftedness development and proposes the distinction between free cooperation and joint activity as two types of collective action. Results of the empirical study of cooperative skills in young schoolchildren are presented. The first stage of the study on 50 seven-year-olds tested the hypothesis about the efficiency of social skills development in L. V. Zankov system of developmental learning. The children in experimental group showed better developed skills of joint action with grown-ups (teachers) as well as with the peers in the situation of necessary interaction. The second stage of the study was aimed at the evaluation of joint action as a factor of developing social skills, joint action being organized as part of Zankov system of developmental learning. The children, who have developed the skills of joint action with grown-ups and peers, have a better idea of the social sphere of life compared to the children in the traditional learning system. The idea of themselves as human beings expressed by the children in experimental group includes the notions of the meaning of life, of essential human qualities. When speaking, they use the position of the author more frequently compared to their peers.
Keywords: social giftedness, social competency, collective actions, joint activity, developmental learning.Открыть на весь экран
- Gudzovskaya, Alla A. The Psychology of social maturity. Samara, (in Russian).
- Dontsov, Aleksandr I. Psikhologiya kollektiva. [Psychology of the collective.] Moscow: Izd-vo MGU, 1984. (in Russian).
- Zhuravlev, Anatoliy Laktionovich. Psikhologiya sovmestnoy deyatel’nosti. [Psychology of joint activity.] Moscow, 2005. (in Russian).
- Zankov, Leonid V. Izbrannye pedagogicheskie trudy. [Selected pedagogical works.] Moscow: Novaya shkola, 1996. (in Russian).
- Kolominskiy, Yakov L’vovich, and Boris P. Zhiznevskiy. ‘Sotsial’no psikhologicheskie osobennosti sovmestnoy igrovoy i trudovoy deyatel’nosti doshkol’nikov.” [“Social psychological features of the joint play and work activity of preschoolers.”] Voprosy Psychologii 5 (1989): 38-44. (in Russian).
- Lewin, Kurt. A dynamic theory of personality-selected papers. Read Books Ltd, 2001. (Russ. ed.: Levin, K. Dinamicheskaya psikhologiya: Izbrannye Trudy. D.A.Leont’ev, E.Yu. Patyaeva. Moscow: Smysl, 2001.)
- Lyaudis, Valentina Ya. “Produktivnaya sovmestnaya deyatel’nost’ uchitelya s uchenikami kak metod formirovaniya lichnosti.” [“Productive joint activity of the teacher with students as a method of formation of personality.”] Aktivnye metody obucheniya pedagogicheskomu obshcheniyu i ego optimizatsii. (1984): 64-73. (in Russian).
- Mayburd, Evgeniy M. “Ekonomika kollektivnogo deystviya.” [“The economy of collective action.”] Sem’ iskusstv 9 (2012). 15 Mar. 2016 < http://7iskusstv. com/2012/Nomer9/Majburd1.php > (in Russian).
- Obozov, Nikolay N. Psikhologiya mezhlichnostnykh otnosheniy. [Psychology of interpersonal relations.] Kiev: Lybid’, 1990. (in Russian).
- Одаренность и образование / отв. ред. А. В. Нечаев. – Самара: ГБОУВОСО «Самарская государственная областная академия (Наяновой)», 2016. – 183 с. (in Russian).
- Ostrom, Elinor. “A behavioral approach to the rational choice theory of collective action: Presidential address, American Political Science Association, 1997.” American political science review 92.1 (1998): 1-22. (Russ. ed.: Ostrom, Elinor. “Teoriya ratsional’nogo vybora kollektivnogo deystviya. Bikhevioristskiy podkhod. Obrashchenie prezidenta amerikanskoy politologicheskoy assotsiatsii, 1997 g.” Public administration issues 1 (2010).)
- Perret-Clermont, Anne-Nelly. Rol’ sotsial’nykh vzaimodiéïstviï v razvitii intiélliékta diétiéï. (Traduction en russe de “La construction de l’Intelligence dans l’interaction sociale“). Moscow: Pedagogica, 1991.
- Brushlinsky, Andrew V., and Margarita I. Volovikova, eds. Psikhologiya individual’nogo i gruppovogo sub”ekta. [Psychology of individual and group subjects], 2002. (in Russian).
- Leytes, Natan S. Psikhologiya odarennosti detey i podrostkov. [Psychology of giftedness of children and adolescents.] Moscow, 1996. (in Russian).
- Rubtsov, Vitaliy V. Organizatsiya i razvitie sovmestnykh deystviy u detey v protsesse obucheniya [Organization and development of joint actions among children in the learning process.] Moscow: Pedagogika, 1987. (in Russian).
- Rubtsov, Vitaliy V. “Sovmestnaya uchebnaya deyatel’nost’ v kontekste problemy sootnosheniya sotsial’nykh vzaimodeystviy i obucheniy.” [“Joint educational activity in the context of the problem of correlation of social interactions and learning.”] Voprosy Psychologii 5 (1998): 49-59. (in Russian).
- Zhuravlev, Anatoliy Laktionovich, et al. Sovmestnaya deyatel’nost’: metodologiya, teoriya, praktika. [Joint activities: methodology, theory, practice], Moscow, 1988. (in Russian).
- Talyzina, Nina F. Pedagogicheskaya psikhologiya. [Pedagogical psychology.] Moscow: Akademiya, 1999. (in Russian).
- Khrustaleva, Tat’yana M. Psikhologiya pedagogicheskoy odarennosti. [The psychology of pedagogical endowments.] Perm’, 2003. (in Russian).
- Tsukerman, Galina A. Vidy obshcheniya v obuchenii. [Types of communication in learning.] Tomsk: Peling, 1993. (in Russian).
- Stekeler-Weithofer, Pirmin “The logic of “Us” in psychology and the social sciences. Forms and representations of joint action and practice.” Epistemology & Philosophy of Science 9.3 (2006): 15-32. (in Russian).
- Elkonin, Daniil B. “Thoughts on the Reform of the Soviet Education System.” Voprosy obrazovaniya / Educational Studies (Moscow)2 (2008): 94-121. (in Russian).
- Diezmann, Carmel M., and James J. Watters. “Bright but bored: Optimising the environment for gifted children.” Australian Journal of Early Childhood 22.2 (1997): 17-21.
- Doise W., and A. Palmonari (eds.). L’etude des representations sociales. Paris: Delachaux et Niestle, 1990.
- Doise, W., and G. Mugny. Psicologia social e desenvolvimento cognitivo. Lisbonne: Instituto Piaget, 2002.
- Dombeck, M. “Robert Kegan’s awesome theory of social maturity.” Retrieved Electronically on November 10 (2007): 2011.
- Foo-Lam, Woon Keat, et al. “An approach to holistic education: Cultivating 21st century competencies using team-based learning (TBL) in the teaching of Higher 2 (H2) Biology.” Biennial World Conference of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children, WCGTC 2015. 2015.
- Keltner, Dacher, et al. “The sociocultural appraisals, values, and emotions (SAVE) framework of prosociality: Core processes from gene to meme.” Annual review of psychology 65 (2014): 425-460.
- Olson, Mancur, and Mancur Olson. “The logic of collective action: public goods and the theory of groups (Vol. 124).” Harvard University Press (1965).
- Rosenbaum, Max, and Milton Miles Berger. Group Psychotherapy and Group Function. New York, London, 1963.
- Sharp, Donald, et al. “Education and cognitive development: The evidence from experimental research.” Monographs of the society for research in child development (1979): 1-112.
- Wertsch, James V. Voices of Collective Remembering: Test. Cambridge University Press, 2002.