Ivan A. Nechaev, St. Petersburg State University of Economics
Nechaev, Ivan A. (2016) ‘Expectation Phantoms in Economic Models’, Social Phenomena. 2016 3(6), pp. 51-58.
The paper contains the analysis of existing approaches to understanding the influence of expectations upon the decisions made by economic agents. Two interdisciplinary approaches to this issue identified in the paper are termed informational and activity-based. The concepts of expectation phantom and the focus of expectations are introduced. The paper aims at identifying the possibility to apply the activity-based approach to contemporary economic models of expectations.
Keywords: expectations, expectation theory, expectation phantoms, rational expectations hypothesis, expectation as activity, activity-based approach to expectations in economics, focus of expectations.
Открыть на весь экран
- Baranov Aleksandr O. (2006) ‘Expectations as the Uncertainty Factor of the Economic System’, Vestnik NGU, Vol. 6, 1, pp. 3-18 (in Russian).
- Bulgakov, N.V. (2014) ‘Rational and Irrational Expectations in Historical Context of Scientific Development’, Intellekt. Innovatsii. Investitsii., 3, pp. 4-13 (in Russian).
- Dixit, Avinash K., Nalebuff, Barry J. (2015) The Art of Strategy: A Game Theorist’s Guide to Success in Business and Life, Mann, Ivanov i Ferber, Moscow (Russian Translation).
- Ivanov, Dmitri S. (2013) Using the Theory of Expectations in the Regulation of Social and Labor Relations (Doctoral Dissertation 08.00.05.), Omsk (in Russian).
- Kazmin, Andrey Yu. (2015) ‘Theory of Rational Expectations and Monetary Policy’, Collected articles of II International Scientific-Practical Conference, ZAO “Universitetskaya kniga”, Kursk, pp. 37-41 (in Russian).
- Lecturskiy, Vladislav A. (2001) ‘Activity approach: death or revival?’, Voprosi Filisofii, 2, pp. 56-65 (in Russian).
- Naumenko, Tamara V. (2013) ‘Activity Approach as the Explanatory Principle of Modern Social Philosophy’, Credo New, St. Petersburg, 1, Retrieved from: http://www.intelros.ru/readroom/credo_new/k1-2013/18496-deyatelnostnyy-podhod-kak-obyasnitelnyy-princip-sovremennoy-socialnoy-filosofii.html (in Russian).
- Nechaev, Aleksey V. (2015) ‘Wishes and Expectations: a Social Philosophic View’, Social Phenomena – Journal of International Research, 1(3), pp. 10-22 (in Russian).
- Pesaran, Hashem M. (2002) ‘Expectations in Economic Theory’, Panorama of Economic Thought of the Late Twentieth Century, Greenaway, David, Blini, Michael and Stewart, Ian M. T. (ed.), Ekonomicheskaya Shkola, Saint-Petersburg, pp. 192-218 (Russian Translation).
- Filina, Svetlana U. (2012)’The New View on Rationality: from Rational Expectations to the Expectations Rationality’, Jurnal Ekonomicheskoy Teorii, 4, pp. 138-145 (in Russian).
- Schelling, Thomas C. (2014) The Strategy of Conflict, 2nd ed., IRISEN, Socium, Moscow (Russian Translation).
- Beckert J. (2013) ‘Capitalism as a system of expectations: Toward a sociological microfoundation of political economy’, Politics & Society, vol. 41, № 3, pp. 323-350.
- Carter M., Maddock R. (1984) Rational Expectations, Macroeconomics for the 1980s?, London and Bas-ingstok: Macmillan publishers ltd.
- Frydman R., Goldberg M. (2010) Life after Rational Expectations? Imperfect Knowledge, Behavioral Insights and the Social Context, Proceedings of the Inaugural Conference of the Institute for New Economic Thinking.
- Frydman R., Goldberg M. (2015) A New Rational Expectations Hypothesis: What Can Economists Really Know About the Future?//New Economic Thinking Plenary Conference. Paris.
- Lucas, Jr. R.E., Sargent T.J. (1988) Rational Expectations and Econometric Practice. Minnesota: University of Minnesota Press, Vol. 5.
- Lucas R.E. (1972) Expectations and the Neutrality of Money//Journal of economic theory. Vol. 4. № 2. pp. 103-124.
- Muth J.F. (1961) Rational expectations and the theory of price movements//Econometrica: Journal of the Econometric Society. pp. 315-335.
- Phelps E.S. (1967) Phillips curves, expectations of inflation and optimal unemployment over time//Economica. Vol. 34. № 135. pp. 254-281.
- Rayburn J.D., Palmgreen P. (1984) Merging uses and gratifications and expectancy-value theory//Communication Research. Vol. 11. № 4. pp. 537-562.
- Sims C.A., Goldfeld S.M., Sachs J.D. (1982) Policy analysis with econometric models//Brookings Papers on Economic Activity. № 1. pp. 107-164.