Alla A. Gudzovskaya, Institute for Research on Social Phenomena
Marina S. Myshkina, Samara National Research University
Gudzovskaya, Alla A., Myshkina, Marina S. (2016) ‘Giftedness in students’ social expectations’, Social Phenomena. 2016 3(6), pp. 81-88.
The article analyses the results of the experiment during which students were asked to continue the following sentence: “Modern students dream of…”. When high school students talk about their current needs, they indirectly express their social expectations towards school, teachers, and society. The article reveals the substantial diversity of students’ expectations towards the school and offers the description of the received data in the following categories and their semantic units: “actors”, “subjects”, “existence”, “effective component”, “locus of control”, “the time factor”. Student and teacher identities are represented in the sufficient manifestation of the needs of the social and existential nature. At the same time students’ expectations for school are found to be disconnected from the development of their abilities and talents.
Keywords: giftedness, social expectations, subjects, objects, existence, time factor, effective component, locus of control, relational component.Открыть на весь экран
- Bateson, Gregory. “Towards a theory of schizophrenia.” In Steps to an Ecology of Mind (1972): 233–234. (Russ. ed.: Bateson, Gregory. Steps to an Ecology of Mind, 1972).
- Berne, Eric. Games people play: The basic handbook of transactional analysis. Tantor eBooks, 2011. (Russ. ed.: Berne, Eric. Games people play: The basic handbook of transactional analysis. Litres, 2017.)
- Varga, Anna Yakovlevna. Vvedenie v sistemnuyu semeynuyu psikhoterapiyu. [Introduction to systemic family psychotherapy] Moscow: Kogito-Tsentr, 2009. (in Russian).
- Vargas, Ernest A. “Diversity in the communities of behavioral science and the species specific character of behaviorology” Vestnik NSU: Psychology (scientific journal)1 (2015): 61-81. (in Russian).
- Myshkina, Marina S. “Psychology Students’ Beliefs about the Social Expectations of Secondary School Students and Teachers.” Social Phenomena -International Research Journal 3 (2015): 88–93. (in Russian).
- Nechaev, Aleksey Vladimirovich “Wishes and Expectations: a Social Philosophic View.” Social Phenomena -International Research Journal 3 (2015): 10–21. (in Russian).
- Nuttin, Joseph. Future time perspective and motivation: a relational theory of behavior dynamics. Leuven: Leuven University Press, 1984 (Russ. ed.: Nuttin, Joseph. Future time perspective and motivation: a relational theory of behavior dynamics. Moscow: Smysl , 2004).
- Pavlova, Elena A. “Social Expectations as a Factor of Psychic Tension of Gifted Schoolchildren.” Social Phenomena -International Research Journal 3 (2015): 132-135. (in Russian).
- Suraeva, Galina Z., Marina S. Myshkina. Izuchenie motivatsionno-smyslovoy sfery lichnosti s ispol’zovaniem metoda kontent-analiza otvetov na nezakonchennye predlozheniya Zh. Nyuttena. [The study of the motivational and semantic sphere of the individual using the method of content analysis of answers to the unfinished proposals of J. Nutten] Samara: Izd-vo «Univers-grupp», 2007. (in Russian).
- Varga, Anna Yakovlevna, and Vladimir Viktorovich Stolin. “Test roditel’skogo otnosheniya.” “Parent relationship test’]. In AA Karelina (ed) Psikhologicheskie testy.[Psychological tests]. М 2 (2001): 144-152. (in Russian).