Alla A. Gudzovskaya, Olga K. Samartseva, Institute for Research on Social Phenomena
Elena Yu. Romanova , Samara State Regional Academy (Nayanova)
Gudzovskaya, Alla A., Samartseva, Olga K., Romanova, Elena Yu. (2016) ‘The Teachers’ Social Expectations of Educational Institution’, Social Phenomena. 2016 1(4), pp. 23-32.
The study is the continuation of the practical and research interest of the authors in the expectations of the modern school as an institution of socialization. No matter what pedagogical approach, the main thing the teacher can share is the vision of life, the expectations of it, and of the results of the child’s schooling. The teacher’s expectations are eventually reflected in the pupils, as well as in the satisfaction with the teaching profession and with life in general. The paper contains the results of interviewing teachers about their vision and their expectation of what modern school should prepare the students for. The research investigated teachers’ expectations of life strategies, of the main life rules (mottos) and of goal achievement instruments that the students are to master. The transition stage from knowledge translation to culture introduction as the teacher’s function is emphasized.
Keywords: social expectations, modern teacher, the results of educational process, life strategies.Открыть на весь экран
- Bordovskaya, Nina V., and Artur A. Rean. Pedagogika. [Pedagogy.] Moscow: Piter, 2000. (in Russian).
- Dontsov, Aleksandr I., and Tat’yana P. Emel’yanova. “Kontseptsiya sotsial’nykh predstavleniy v sovremennoy frantsuzskoy psikhologii.” [The concept of social representations in modern French psychology.”] Voprosy Psychologii 1 (1984): 147-152.
- Mitina, Larisa M. Psikhologiya professional’nogo razvitiya uchitelya. [Psychology of professional development of the teacher.] Moscow: Flinta, 1998. (in Russian).
- Myshkina, Marina S. “Psychology Students’ Beliefs about the Social Expectations of Secondary School Students and Teachers.” Social Phenomena -International Research Journal 3 (2015): 88–93. (in Russian).
- Nuttin, Joseph. Future time perspective and motivation: a relational theory of behavior dynamics. Leuven: Leuven University Press, 1984 (Russ. ed.: Nuttin, Joseph. Future time perspective and motivation: a relational theory of behavior dynamics. Moscow: Smysl , 2004).
- Okoneshnikova, Ol’ga V. Soglasovannost’ predstavleniy o sovmestnoy deyatel’nosti upravlencheskogo kollektiva kak faktor ee effektivnost. [Consistency of ideas about joint activities of the management team as a factor in its effectiveness.] Moscow, 1991. (in Russian).
- Suraeva, Galina Z., Marina S. Myshkina. Izuchenie motivatsionno-smyslovoy sfery lichnosti s ispol’zovaniem metoda kontent-analiza otvetov na nezakonchennye predlozheniya Zh. Nyuttena. [The study of the motivational and semantic sphere of the individual using the method of content analysis of answers to the unfinished proposals of J. Nutten] Samara: Izd-vo «Univers-grupp», 2007. (in Russian).