Alla A. Gudzovskaya, Institute for Research on Social Phenomena, Samara, Russia
Gudzovskaya, Alla A. (2015) ‘On the Issue of Social Expectations of Educational Process Participants for Giftedness in Children’, Social Phenomena. 2015 1(3), pp. 57-63.
The paper contains a review of theoretical and empirical research of giftedness in children and of social expectations. Giftedness is considered to be a quality possessed by every child. The issue of determining the conditions for the development of actual and potential giftedness in educational environment is discussed. Expectations are present in any communicative situation, they determine the behaviour of the person holding the expectation and of the one for whom the expectations held. Social expectations of educational process participants are seen as one of the social factors of giftedness actualization in school age children. Depending on their content social expectations may either facilitate the potential abilities of the child, or work as negative self-fulfilling prophecies. Especially in teacher education it is important to pay attention to the conscience of the social expectations of teachers for giftedness in children.
Keywords: social expectations, giftedness, social factors of giftedness development, educational process participants.Открыть на весь экран
- Babenko, Innesa Igorevna. ” Gifted child in the mirror of social expectations: semantic-pragmatic transformation of the image in the media discourse.” Tomsk state pedagogical university bulletin 10 (151) (2014): 119-122. (in Russian).
- Burns, Robert B. Self-concept development and education. Cassell, 1982. (Russ. ed.: Burns, Robert B. Self-Concept Development and Education. Moscow: Progress, 1986.)
- Vekilova, Sevil’ A. “Family professional traditions as an element of family social and cultural resource.” Izvestiya of the Samara Russian Academy of Sciences scientific center. Social, humanitarian, medicobiological sciences 5-2 (2010): 407-409. (in Russian).
- Garganeev, Sergey V. “Teenagers with dependent behavior: problems, prevention and psychotherapy.” Siberian Medical Review 4 (70) (2011): 141-155. (in Russian).
- Gordienko, Elena Viktorovna. “Filosofsko-psikhologicheskiy analiz problemy ekspektatsiy kak mekhanizma individual’nogo soznaniya lichnosti.” [“Philosophical and psychological analysis of the problem of expectations as a mechanism of individual consciousness of the individual.”] Magister Dixit 1 (2011): 179-187. (in Russian).
- Karina, Ol’ga V. “Rol’ ekspektatsiy v samoeffektivnosti lichnosti.” [“The role of self-efficacy in personality self-efficacy.”] In Al’manakh nauchnogo arkhiva psikhologicheskogo instituta.[Almanac of the Scientific Archives of the Psychological Institute] Moscow: Al’kor pablisher, 7 (2014): 93-95. (in Russian).
- Karina, Ol’ga V., Marina A. Kiseleva, and Natalija E. Shustova N.E. Ekspektatsii i samodeterminatsiya v podrostkovom i yunosheskom vozraste: sotsial’no-psikhologicheskiy aspekt. [Expectations and self-determination in adolescence and adolescence: the socio-psychological aspect.] Saratov: Izd-vo «Saratovskiy istochnik», 2010. (in Russian).
- Linevich, Vladimir Leont’evich “Sotsial’no-psikhologicheski obuslovlennaya presuitsidal’naya aktivnost’ lichnosti kak autodestruktivnaya forma povedeniya. “ [“Socially and psychologically conditioned presuicidal activity of personality as an autodestructive form of behavior”] Scientific notes of RSSU 7 (2010): 192-196. (in Russian).
- Popova, Tatiana A. “Emotion and personality characteristics of teenagers living in orphanages, biological families, and foster families.” Vestnik Permskogo gosudarstvennogo gumanitarno-pedagogicheskogo universiteta.Seriya 1. Psikhologicheskie i pedagogicheskie nauki. 1 (2014): 164-175. (in Russian).
- Popovich Igor S. “Social Expectations in Personal Evolution and Development.” Izvestiya Saratovskogo Universitrta. (N.S.), Ser. Educational Acmeology. Developmental Psychology2 (14) (2015): 159-162. (in Russian).
- Tsukerman, Galina A.” Obuchenie vedet za soboy razvitie. Kuda?” [“Training leads to development. Where?”] Voprosy obrazovaniya / Educational Studies Moscow. 1 (2010): 41-87. (in Russian).
- Aronson, Elliot, and Judson Mills. “The effect of severity of initiation on liking for a group.” The Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology2 (1959): 177 -181.